Inspired by yogis, athletes, artists, and musicians worldwide, we create collections to encourage the high vibration practices of living in gratitude, giving back, and choosing kindness. Our mission is to inspire positivity, generosity, kindness, and connectedness with this goal in mind: May all beings everywhere be happy and free.Here at Spiritual Gangster, we offer flexibility with the opportunity to work from home. Our hybrid schedule allows us to connect with each other virtually and in office. We offer awesome discounts, year-round fun events & volunteer opportunities as well as a full benefits package! We believe our employees are our strongest asset and invest in their growth by focusing on developing their strengths.__________________________________________________________________
The person in this position will collaborate and work with our Design Director and Collections Designer to build on the foundation of seasonal designs for women’s active categories. The primary job function is to assist in concept/design, create & update tech packs and flat sketches and maintain seasonal Visual Line Plans as needed for development and production. You will work with cross-functional teams including Design, Product Development, and Technical Design.__________________________________________________________________
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with Design Team to execute development of silhouettes, fabric, fit, print, branding and all styling details.
- Research and analyze upcoming fashion and market trends, relevant to our brand and product.
- Support of designs across the design lifecycle processes including; fittings, development reviews, comments to sourcing, and seasonal style handovers.
- Must be proficient in Illustrator and responsible for creating and maintaining all cads, product details, tech packs, and BOMs.
- Assist Design Team with note taking in all fittings, and clearly communicate changes with all factories.
- Ownership of all design deadlines across the company’s development calendar.
- Creates silhouette/detail/print/color mood boards for each season for design manager to review.
- Help with Merch guide management.
- Must have ability to create and manipulate stripe, plaid and illustrator texture fills.
- Assist with daily administrative duties.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to balance creativity and critical thinking in fast-paced environment and prioritize workload while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy
- Self-motivated and proactive, demonstrates initiative beyond what is expected.
- High taste level with an eye for trends.
- Understanding of garment construction.
- Highly-collaborative and hands on to ensure ideas and goals are successfully implemented.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task.
- Deadline oriented with ability to adhere to time and action calendars.
- Knowledge of Full Circle a plus.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years fashion design experience.
- Experience working with sweater knits and outerwear a plus.
- Degree in Fashion Design
Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports.Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, vendors and employees.Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up products.Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.__________________________________________________________________
Spiritual Gangster provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification. Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination. Spiritual Gangster takes allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation seriously and will promptly investigate when such behavior is reported.__________________________________________________________________
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.